Lowry United Neighborhoods
By Laws Adopted by LUN Board January 2020
ARTICLE I. NAME
Name: The name of the organization shall be Lowry United Neighborhoods, (LUN). The organizational address for LUN is 510 Syracuse St, Denver, CO, 80230. The boundaries for LUN are as shown on the City and County of Denver Registered Neighborhood Organization
ARTICLE II. MISSION AND PURPOSE
Lowry United Neighborhoods (LUN) is officially recognized by the City and County of Denver as the Registered Neighborhood Organization (RNO) for all of Lowry including Boulevard One.
Our mission is to represent the interests of all residents and owners of real property within the LUN boundaries, in any aspect of the City of Denver’s government.
Through our mission, LUN builds a sense of community in our award-winning neighborhood.
The primary purposes of this organization shall be:.
● Collectively addressing issues and interests common to and widely perceived to be of concern within the area formerly known as Lowry Field and currently known as Lowry and Boulevard One
● To increase communication among neighbors;
● To gather information about matters that concern LUN residents;
● To advocate on behalf of neighborhood integrity;
● To preserve and enhance the livability of the neighborhoods;
● To provide representation as an RNO with Inter-neighborhood Cooperation (INC), the city of Denver (including city council, the mayor’s office, and all departments of Denver City Government.
● General membership is open to residents and owners of real property , within the LUN boundary.
● Each member of LUN over the age of 18 can vote on any matter which requires the vote of the membership to enact or accomplish. Votes shall be limited to 2 per household.
● LUN may charge annual membership dues to defray costs associated with various activities in which the organization engages. The amount of dues (if any) shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Annual dues expire at the end of the last month of the fiscal year and will be due at the beginning of the first month of the fiscal year. Money raised by dues shall not be for profit but only for the purpose of carrying out the mission and purpose of the organization.
● There will be a minimum of one annual membership meeting of LUN. Other meetings shall be held throughout the year as called by the LUN Board.
● General Residents Meetings: At least one General Residents Meeting per year (Annual Meeting) with attendance of at least 12 members shall be held. At least 10 days advance notice of the annual Meeting will be given. Additional meetings may be called by the Board of Directors. The form of appropriate notice for all meetings shall be determined by the Board. The meeting location shall be determined by the Board.
● Board of Directors Meetings: The Board shall meet at least 5 times per year and board meetings shall be open to LUN members as well as other interested parties. At all board meetings, a majority of the whole board shall be considered a quorum for the transaction of business.
● Decisions of the board and general business covered in board meetings shall be recorded by the secretary in the form of written minutes.
● Directors shall be confirmed by the membership once a year at the annual meeting, which will take place in the fall of each year.
● Once the board has been established, the board shall select officers from within the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IV. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
● Any person over the age of 18 residing within the boundaries of LUN is eligible to serve on the Board of Directors of LUN.
● The Board of Directors shall be comprised of a Chair, Vice- Chair and Treasurer. The board shall consist of at least 5 and no more than 12 directors, all of whom reside within the LUN boundaries.
● A board member may resign from the board at any time and the resignation shall take place at the time of notice.
● Vacancies on the board shall be filled by appointment of the board.
ARTICLE V COMMITTEES
● Committees may be created by the Board.
● Committee membership shall include at least one LUN Board member.
ARTICLE VI. FISCAL YEAR
● The fiscal year will be January 1 through December 31.
ARTICLE VII AMENDMENTS
● Bylaws can be altered or amended by a majority *vote of the Board.
● Lowry United Neighborhoods can be dissolved by the Board or a vote of the membership.